Saturday, July 6, 2013

五角场 shopping

Hey everyone,

Today, I'm going to be talking about a recent experience at 五角场(Wu Jiao Chang)'s shopping. So yesterday night, we wanted to go to a place that required business casual clothing. I wasn't sure how business casual it was since in China, that could be pretty different. We finally settled upon the conclusion of collared shirt, nice pants and nice shoes - so pretty much the same... I packed a lot of clothes so I just tried to wing it with the clothes I had. My roommate, Eddie, on the other hand, didn't pack business casual. It's not very convenient to pack, as well as packing for summer classes. So we ended up have to miss the first hour or so of the group KTV party (which was also at Wujiaochang) to shop around.

五角场
Source: www.ypta.gov.cn
五角场 is a huge shopping plaza area. It's so huge!  The image is on the right. It's so awesome because at night, it's so bright and changes colors a lot. I can even see it from my room too. It's the closest shopping area by Fudan University. Everyone likes going here, but mainly for the Walmart. Also the Walmart here is huge. It's three stories.

Anyways! We looked around a bunch of places to shop. There's a lot of big brands here - ones that you can find in the US and ones that are from Korea as well.

We spent an hour looking around. I was a bit disappointed seeing all the prices. Definitely thought things were going to be a lot cheaper but everything pretty much is the same price. H&M, Zara, etc. All the same price. It had a bit different selection though. I thought the clothes were a lot more trendy (but that's just because I like some Asian fashion). Eddie ended up buying clothes from H&M, Zara, and (Shoes) Nike . I'm thinking it rounded to about 160USD for an outfit. So the big brands are pretty much price consistent here. Gotta look for the little shops if you want to find cheaper clothes. But honestly, I still thought Eddie's outfit was nice and suited him well. Cough~ I think so because I was there in the process of helping him pick.

Eddie and I (The Kiwi) in business casual before we left. Eddie's entire outfit was bought at 五角场!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More