Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tomorrow's the big day

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Dune by Frank Herbert

So it's a Saturday night and my flight is tomorrow. It just feels really surreal to be traveling to a different country all by myself. The rest of the packing was....well, my mom decided she would repack for me so that was interesting. But she got me smaller luggages so I guess that's a win. I'm a bit nervous because I know I'm one of those people that forget something and remember at the last minute. Le sigh. I'm a lot of "one of those people" honestly! My brother is graduating tomorrow from his MBA program and it's disappointing to miss it but I would have planned to leave later if I could. Dearest mother of mine is still convinced something bad is going to happen to me because I'm just a little kid who doesn't know anything. Parents...! Although I do enjoy all of my favorite foods that she's cooking. In between the yelling and warning of kidnappers, scammers and drug dealers, I know it's all because she cares. Stressful but caring. I'm going to miss my family and friends. Nervousness, anxiety, and fear aside, this is going to be one of the best summers of my life. I can tell.

This is not how I will be on the plane but Bridesmaids makes me laugh and I need it. 


I might update at some airport but if not, see you in China blog buddies!
-Thomas

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More