Thursday, August 8, 2013

新天地 Thursday splurging~

Hey Y'all,

Yesterday we only had morning classes! Today we took a group picture in front of the Fudan Main Gate and then took our exit exam, which is the same exam we take for the placement. Anways, since we had time yesterday, we decided to head to 新天地 (Xintiandi) for lunch. 新天地 is this really high-end developed area in Shanghai so a lot of things here are nicer and expensive. There's more foreigners in this area and most of the restaurants will be able to speak English.

I got this for 88rmb plus a sprite for 15rmb. A bit pricey but it was so good.
We went to this German restaurant that some of our friends went to before. The burgers were really good. I heard the Goulash was not so great, so definitely don't get that. I just hang out with my friends while we ate. I'm not sure what my friend, Giulianna, got but apparently she had a really good beer. That was also a bit pricey. But hey, 新天地 style!

After eating, we went around to browse the stores. Everything was literally so expensive. Little trinkets and charms were probably over 10USD and a tea set was over 100USD. Granted, it's probably nice quality and such but I could get something from Chinatown that looks just as nice for less.



We then went into the mall. On a side note, this mall has a club in it called G+ which we went to before. The stores in the mall were even more expensive then anything I've seen in China. The most expensive things were 6000USD and just the normal clothes ranged from 100-400USD. I've never seen stores like that in my life. You can literally just walk in and touch everything and what not. I've been to quite a bit of nice stores in the US but it definitely felt a lot classier if it was worth more. But then again, I guess 新天地 is more of a rich area compared to randomly walking into a mall. 

After browsing a bunch of stores, we decided to head to the international supermarket! Right next to the international supermarket was a store that sold this famous cat icon thing. Not sure how to explain it quite well but you'll understand. It's like going into a Disney store or something.  I got a bunch of stuff for friends here. 
Aren't they super cute?
Afterwards we went into the international store to check it out. I had been there before but I grabbed some granola bars because I just saw it and impulse bought it? Other than that, I bought a going away present for my roommate and his girlfriend. My roommate is here for the fall semester!!!! Win~

Only one more week :( I'll keep you all updated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More